Sunday, May 10, 2015

Akita Transfer 2 Week 2

Happy Mothers Day to all the wonderful mothers out there and to everyone else, hey,

This past week we have been doing a lot of work on our iPads- took a trip to Morioka for another iPad training and since then we've been devoting a lot of time transferring our million and a half records (exaggeration) into the iPads and yada yada. So that's been fun and very time consuming. Elder Anderson and I have been having fun working with each other trying to fill the shoes of Elder Hoskyns, working hard and trying our best to bring our investigators closer to Christ. We even found a couple more people to teach this week! Thomas, from Papau New Guinea, he's a stud. AND speaks English! which rocks. And a student named Naoki, cool kid. Haven't had a lesson with him yet but hopefully soon! 

I haven't mentioned this earlier but the McDonald's here are tons better than America's, something about it and the quality workmanship that goes into each item of food. Thought I'd mention that.

It is actually the day after Mothers Day here as I write this but as I reflect upon yesterday's church experience I realize how there was hardly even a mention of Mother's Day during the 3 hours. Pretty interesting. My companion gave an impromptu talk during sacrament meeting and made sure to talk about Mothers to do the day justice in Japan but that was about the only mention of it. So I would like to quickly express my love and gratitude for my mother and grandparents- my mom IS the best. She's patient, kind, works her tail off for her kids, loves and cares for us like no other, the list goes on. I'm sure we can all say that about our own mothers, but I can also say I'm grateful for the way my mother has shaped me. She's taught us (her kids) since we've been young to WORK and to be self reliant. Tedious and tough Saturday chores, annoying daily kitchen chores, study and account for our school work on our own, to get a job and make our own money, to do more jobs outside of that job etc.- it all sucked at the time but I am for sure grateful for it all now. Retrospect is great. Im grateful she taught me all these hard things, it built my character and has made me fit to deal with the world on my own. For a kid from Danville where things are often handed to us without having to work for it and truly appreciate it, it is something to really be grateful for. I love my wonderful, beautiful mother. She's got the best smile in the world, makes me super happy, and is always there for me. And I know she is that way because of her mother (love you grandma:)). Let's all do something nice today to our mothers- make them smile and show them your love!

Well, I'm continuing to learn and grow and learn and grow here in Japan and seeing a lot of miracles in my life and in other people's lives. God is amazing! I'm grateful for yall, love yall, feel free to shoot me an email, and have an awesome week!

Elder Robins

Me talking to the fam this morning! They are all so healthy and happy. so glad to see Jake still Jake-ish even after his mission ;) and to see my niece (averi the cutest ever) sister and brother in law in Florida- they're doing great. Love you fam!


Elder Anderson and I would like to wish everyone a happy and joyous Mother's Day full of wonderment and flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment