Sunday, March 27, 2016

Aomori Transfer 9 Week 6

Hey guys!

Transfer calls came in hot as always. Results: I'm staying and getting a new companion! Elder Kugai is off to a new area doing something we call "white washing" where they start a brand new companionship from the bottom. Good luck to him! My new companion is Elder Okamoto! I lived in the same apartment with him back last summer and man am I excited to work with him. I've been wanting to work with him since then and my wish has been granted! We're going to put in work. 

This week was fantastic! More new investigators and committed 2 of our new investigators last week to shoot for baptism! Unfortunately, it seems a lot of our investigators don't have too deep of an interest and meeting with them again is tough so if y'all could pray for their hearts to be softened so they can consider the incredible change that could be just ahead for them in their lives. Made lots of contacts and had good conversations with lots of people this week. Also had a day in Hirosaki, a nearby area for splits with Elder Barton from Highland, Utah. Had a great day and witnessed a lot of miracles! Also, Hirosaki is home of the most delicious makeshift American joint in the mission (Japan's version of an American diner.) As thus, it's custom to hit it up when you're on splits there. So we got cover from the snow storm while we enjoyed our burgers, milk shakes and onion rings. SOO good and natsukashii (reminiscent of the past.. Pretty much means wow, haven't felt this or had this feeling or done this thing in a long time!) Enjoyed Hirosaki and hope I can work there some day! 

Weather Report: Rain showers turned into a snow fest on Tuesday and Wednesday morning. Other than that, we had some sunny moments and some flashback to winter moments as well. The snow is almost completely melted now! 

Gave my Easter message yesterday to the members in sacrament meeting. If you remember my email a year ago around this time I mentioned how Japanese people, even Christians, don't really celebrate Easter nor make mention of it. And most have no idea what it is! It's crazy. So after last year's sad Easter in Akita, I had a determination to make my peace this year in my talk. I told them in an American sacrament meeting on Easter Sunday, the speakers have quite a large responsibility of conveying such an important message. Besides a few quiet reactions in the congregation when I first announced that "today is Easter!," I don't think people really cared and the speakers after me yesterday still made no mention of it at all. Haha, oh well! It was a great study for me this week preparing that talk and I was able to learn quite a bit about what the resurrection means to and for us! 

Quote from elder holland I used in my talk (this was a tough one to read in Japanese!)
[ So today we celebrate the gift of victory over every fall we have ever experienced, every sorrow we have ever known, every discouragement we have ever had, every fear we have ever faced--to say nothing of our resurrection from death and forgiveness for our sins. That victory is available to us because of events that transpired on a weekend precisely like this nearly two millennia ago in Jerusalem. That first Easter sequence of Atonement and Resurrection constitutes the most consequential moment, the most generous gift, the most excruciating pain, and the most majestic manifestation of pure love ever to be demonstrated in the history of this world. Jesus Christ, the Only Begotten Son of God, suffered, died, and rose from death in order that He could, like lightning in a summer storm, grasp us as we fall, hold us with His might, and through our obedience to His commandments, lift us to eternal life. ]

- HALLELUJAH - in Hebrew means "praise ye the Lord." 
- Easter is the oldest and most widely celebrated holiday in the Christian calendar. 

Here's some pics! また来週!(see ya next week!)

Elder Robins
ロビンズ長老
God saying 'what up' to Aomori

Sleet in Hirosaki with Elder Barton 

The beach that was a winter wonderland 4 weeks ago. 



No comments:

Post a Comment